Sunday, September 30, 2007

So Happy to Find This KAL

Hi everyone, I was so pleased to find this blog and be able to join the KAL. As soon as I saw the Mr. GreenJeans pattern at Knitty I fell in love with it and want to make it for my daughter in law and then myself as well. She is small - 33inch bust so it's such a pleasure to knit for her.

Today, I made up a gauge swatch for the yarn I'm going to use for my daughter in law, Tamra's, Mr. Greenjeans sweater. She doesn't like to spend a lot of time on hand washing knits so I chose a machine washable yarn called Olympic from New York Yarns. It is 70% acrylic and 30% wool. Even though it was quite inexpensive ($3.50 a skein from Knitting Warehouse) it is very nice. It is soft but not too soft and I got the correct gauge of 4.5 sts per inch with a size 8 (American) needle.

It is a single ply yarn and has a nice loft to it and the color is nice - very dimensional with lots of color interplay rather than one flat color. Hopefully, Tamra will like this color - it is kind of an army drab green but is very pleasing in person and she likes colors like this.

Perhaps I'll get a chance to cast on for it tomorrow. I do have tons of housework and laundry to catch up on as we've been staying in our trailer for three weeks while my husband started his new job in Questa, New Mexico!

My personal blog:
http://thegrittyknitty.blogspot.com/

No comments: