Saturday, October 6, 2007

Hello KAL

Hi,

I cast on for Mr. Greenjeans on Tuesday (I think) and I'm already down to the ribbing, so this sweater is knitting up quickly. I'm using Malabrigo in the color Marine, which turns out to be a very difficult color to photograph.


It isn't as gray as it appears here; it really is all shades of navy to mid-blue that sometimes appear shockingly royal in sunlight (eek).

Anyway, you can see I've just done one repeat of the cable pattern so far. I didn't quite get stitch gauge, so I'm knitting this at 17 sts to 4 inches on #8 needles (the rows are right on though). To make up the difference, I'm making size S and hoping I'll end up with something between S and M. I'm also planning on making it a couple of inches longer; 22 inches, maybe? I do so love being able to try it on to check.

I'm enjoying seeing all your WIPs and I can't wait to see some more finished Greenjeans!

Katherine
http://fuzz.typepad.com/

No comments: