Monday, October 8, 2007

My Slow but Steady Progress


Mr. Greenjeans in Red, progress
Originally uploaded by sunasak
I am so envious of the KAL member who started over the weekend and got to the end of the border. I am knitting as hard and fast as I can, but on my gauge and with my life, 1/3 the way through the cable section is the best I could do.

Of course, knitting is not a race, and I am very much enjoying the process of working with this yarn and pattern. I am certainly enjoying the fact that this pattern is not fussy and full of things to count like so many sweaters are.

Whoever said it's hard to see what size Mr. Greenjeans is coming out to be due to the curling edges sure has a point. I think mine is fitting pretty well, though. I'll probably make sure the sleeves hit the ends of my wrists (I am making this to wear in my freezing office, so I need it to be warm), but otherwise I am resisting my usual temptation to modify a pattern. I am so proud of myself.

Please keep sharing work in progress photos and yarn choices! It's fun!

No comments: